- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 medium red beet, peeled and chopped*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup**
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1-2 cups milk (whole, almond, coconut, water, etc.)
- Place all ingredients into blender in order listed. I usually use 2 cups of milk because I like my smoothies fairly thin so they are a easier to suck out of a straw for the little ones. But play around with how much milk works best for you. Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour, serve and enjoy.
Yield: 1 adult and 1 toddler serving
Storage: best to drink right away but you can also freeze in a baggie for 2 months or store in the fridge for 1 day. If storing in fridge, it is best to re-blend with a little more ice before serving.