Does the surplus of sugary treats leave your little bouncing off the walls during the holidays? Check out these quick and easy recipes for a mix of sweet and savory snacks that double as kid-friendly holiday activities!
1. Christmas Cookies - Icing, red and green sprinkles, cookie cutters shaped like Santa Claus … the possibilities are endless! There’s a reason this is a classic holiday activity. You’re kids will love decorating their own cookies and digging into their creations for dessert! Check out these melting snowmen cookies for inspiration.
2. Peanut Butter Celery Reindeer - Cookies are fun, but the sugar adds up over the holidays. Try these peanut butter celery snacks to sneak some veg onto the holiday menu. You can also use cream cheese if your little one has a peanut allergy. We love how familyfreshmeals used an M&M for Rudolph’s red nose!
3. Pizza Xmas Trees - Try these mini Christmas tree pizzas for a savory holiday-themed snack. They also make festive appetizers at Christmas parties!
4. Candy Cane Reindeer - This fun and mess-free candy cane reindeer activity is great for groups of kids and doubles as a Christmas tree ornament. Or, hook it on the side of a mug of hot chocolate and curl up for a Christmas film on family movie night!
5. Banana Strawberry Candy Cane - These banana strawberry candy canes are healthy, mess-free, and fun to make with the kiddos. It’s also an opportunity for young children to practice their pattern recognition and counting skills!
Let us know below of any Christmas recipes you make with your own kiddos or if you plan to try any from this list!